Friday, July 10, 2009

Paintings

Well, last Monday, I started painting with oils. And I am absolutely addicted. Two of my paintings are going to be showcased at the Second Saturday art show gallery this weekend. I don't have any pictures of those two yet, but I have pics of the others that I have done.

This was my first oil painting. It looks unfinished, because of all the canvass that is showing, but I like it. It's pretty fun!


The only things I really like about this one, are the fabric folds, and the fire. Other than that, it looks rather messy. Oh well. Better luck next time.

This one, my mom had me paint. She found two raven feathers that she brought home. I rather like how it turned out.

This one, I started yesterday. I'm waiting for it to dry before I continue, though. I couldn't get the expression quite right. None of the brushes I tried let me get a thin line. Quite frustrating. This one'll take a while.


Las Vegas has been teeming with things to do. Surprising for such a tiny town. I suppose July is the happy month here. The Fourth of July Fiesta was all last week, and all the good shops on the plaza were closed the whole time.
Geez, I need more canvasses. And paints. But Duffy Peterson, my art teacher has been lending me her paints, and an easel.
It's been interesting here. I've had three violin lessons since I got down here, and the teacher and I just don't click. It's not that we fight at all. I'm just not getting much about her teaching style. Plus, the lessons are only a half hour, and we spend like half of that warming up. It's not enough time to learn anything.
I've been doing more art this summer than anything. I haven't been able to write at all. Major block. Ugh.
I do look forward to going home, though. I love being with my mom, but it's just not home here for me. My cat comes to my in my dreams and complains (haha, XD). I miss my family at home. I wasn't able to be there to hear my dad rock out on his guitar at a cancer walk he went to. And I can't wait to hang out with my siblings. Dani, I miss ya bunches. Also, could you send me tips for my art?

Well, I've gotta sign off now, but I apologize for not writing anything for a while. It's been a pain getting up the enthusiasm needed to write in the blog. I've just not been motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment